I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get an option for few days stay and hands on cooking classes in 'Corte Del Poggio'. It is situated near Perugia, in the area of lake Trasimino.
I came to know about this cooking school through this link - http://www.umbriantravel.com/?page_id=714 (scroll down or else just click on this link which opens up http://www.italiandelights.co.uk/index.php/tours/gourmet-tours.html)
Their website is http://www.viadelsole.it/cooking/cortedelpoggio.html. It seems they're a small company run by few family members and they organise cooking, cycling tours within Umbria, Tuscany, etc. They claim to have run a successful restaurant in the past and now have their 2 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
As this is last minute, I won't be joining a group. The proprietor Cristina has very sweetly crafted an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B. She has also offered to arrange for short visits to nearby towns!
I tried to do a reference check on the internet but sadly cannot find its reviews on tripadvisor, etc. If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 4 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 5 Ronda or Jerez
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 two days in rome
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Avignon
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Budget trip
- 21 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Provence Trip Report
URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.