Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Travel from Paris to Prague to Venice

Jan 14th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Going to Europe in either Spring or Fall, post your best ideas on which city first, what method of transportation (train or plane) and at least 1 Ultimate Place to visit at each city. I have up 14 days timeline, counting time travel to and from the US. Thanks! Cities: Paris, Prague, Venice, Rome.
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:04 AM

With those cities and 14 days, fly.

Check out discount airlines at

www.whichbudget.com

Jan 14th, 2006, 07:53 AM

I agree with Eloise although you could possibly take a train from Venice-Rome or a night train Paris-Venice or Paris-Rome but flying (being VERY aware of the luggage weight restrictions airlines flying within Europe impose) is probably your best bet.
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:22 AM

Paris to Prague is a long trip. The best you can do time wise is 13.5 hours.
The night train is a 17 hour trip.

So I would seriously consider flying.
It might cost you more for the ticket, but you will be spending valuable hours on the train doing virtually nothing but riding and perhaps reading.
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM

I flew the other way a flew years ago- that is Prague to Paris with SkyEurope. We had to take the train to Bratislava and fly out of the airport there. It was quite easy. SkyEurope flies out of Orly Airport in Paris.
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

This is a tentative schedule: US to London (take solo trip to Paris by myself for a few days then return via train to London). Husband arrives London, sightsee 2-3 days here, fly to Rome for a few days. Train to Venice (how long is train ride?). 2 days Venice. Then hop aboard the "Orient Express" train line from Venice to Prague and back to London. The "OE" is a little pricey, but Husband is attached to the idea. Has anyone ever ridden this? Prague is arrive late at 5 pm, then 1 whole day, then leave at noon the next day type spot. We would then fly home from London the next morning. We would consider flying open jaw (in Rome/out London) but it seems the best deals for flying premium class/1st class is thru London via Virgin Atlantic. Take your time reading this one and let me know your ideas--Thanks!
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:04 AM
ira

Hi C,

>Train to Venice (how long is train ride?)<

Train schedules, prices and tickets are at www.trenitalia.com.

Jan 15th, 2006, 11:06 AM
rex

As someone who would never understand the appeal of the Orient Express over a flight... it's worth pointing out that the tip from eloise - - your first reply - - was the best. There is nonstop (albeit limited for PRG-VCE) between PAR and PRG, as well as PRG-VCE on smartwings.com - - info readily available on whichbudget.com

Skyeurope.com may be a fine airline but not the logical carrier of choice for the routes you are seeking to travel.

Best wishes,

Rex