Hello fellow travelers!
I am about to make my first trip to Scotland and will be traveling alone. I am a 28 year-old Seattleite who loves craft brews, whisky, and outdoor activities. Naturally, I fancy a good live music scene. Scotland seems a perfect fit for me.
I am planning to do a clockwise drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Skye, then up (somewhere!) through the Northern Highlands, and then down to Edinburgh. I would like your suggestions about what to do with my time between the Isle of Skye and Edinburgh. What would you do with three nights and a rental car? All I require is beautiful surroundings, friendly people, and delicious libations. I am pretty low maintenance. Initially, I had thought I would stop in Inverness/Loch Ness, and perhaps stroll into Dufftown into the Speyside Whisky area... but now I am not so sure. Maybe Perth or Elgin? I would also be delighted to hear of any of your suggestions as to sights and pubs to stop by during these solitary drives around the country.
Brief snapshot of my itinerary:
Glasgow May 25 - 27, pick up rental car on morning of May 27.
Isle of Skye with a base in Portree May 27 to May 30.
May 30 - June 2 ???! <---What would you recommend I do and where should I stay during this time frame?
Drop off rental car in Edinburgh June 2
Stay in Edinburgh until June 6
I would really appreciate your tips for those three days/nights I have not quite figured out. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apartment
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 two days in Nice
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 New fast track
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Packing Champagne
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 london or amsterdam
- 20 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 24 1 month destination for young family
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
Hello fellow travelers!