Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   United Sale! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/united-sale-691378/)

namaka Mar 26th, 2007 05:27 PM

United Sale!

Just wanted to give a heads up- United is having a sale for both domestic and international fares. I believe most must be completed by late May, early June. Hope someone can take advantage of the fares.

Sher Mar 26th, 2007 07:35 PM

Thanks Namaka. I am going to check it out.
Are you planning any more trips.
We see Joao and Matt this weekend in NY.

namaka Mar 27th, 2007 02:33 PM

Hi Sher,

After looking up the sale, it doesn't look so attractive after all. At least not like the sale from Feb. when I got my ticket from SFO to CDG for $554 for end of Aug.

Anyways, so far that is where I'm heading- to Paris with a girlfriend. DH didn't feel like going, although both DD and DS wouldn've, but its going to be just a girls trip.

When the NYLDC was originally slated for early May, we were going to attempt to make that. Now it looks as though we are headed to the East coast in June. We'll be going to Pittsburgh, NYC and Rhode Island.

Aren't you attending the NYLDC? If so, say "hi" from us and have a great time!

Other than that, are you off to anywhere special this year?

Sher Mar 27th, 2007 06:23 PM

Hey. When are you in Pittsburgh. We live very close to the city.

Maybe we could have a mini GTG. Let me know if you could squeeze us in.

We are pretty much grounded this summer as DH is teaching a course at Chatham.

I looked at the United sale but I need tickets for Florida and the prices were not very good. I like to limit our flying to one or two carriers, but we seem to be using Delta the next two times to Florida as their prices are very good to West Palm.

namaka Apr 21st, 2007 07:41 AM

Sher, we are going to be in Pittsburgh from late Sat, June 9th (midnight) through June 14th. How close are you? We've had to cut out NYC and RI due to getting back for summer school so it is going to be a pretty short trip. A mini GTG might be in the cards?

Sher Apr 21st, 2007 06:00 PM

Namaka. We are only about 40 minutes or so from downtown Pittsburgh.

How about Sunday, June 10th. I say this day as it is the easiest with my husband's schedule. But let me know what works for you.

We are in Florida until June 3rd. But the rest of the month is clear.

We could come to you. But email me when you have time and we can figure something out.

[email protected]

Sherry

It is far enough in advance that we can arrange something.

Sher Apr 23rd, 2007 06:37 PM

TTT.

Hoping to catch Namaka's eye.

namaka Apr 23rd, 2007 07:10 PM

Sher, sounds good to me but will have to check with DH and the rest of the clan. We are actually flying in for a belated memorial service for DH's grandparents. Here's my email so that we won't have to keep topping this thread. It's [email protected]

gina