Unique features of each city.

Oct 17th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Edmond O`Flaherty

Unique features of each city.

Europe is full of ancient cities and many of them have quite unique features in or near them which you are unlikely to find in other places.I invite you to mention a city and them give us a few unique features.I will start by mentioning Dublin.You can get further details of these on google.com.
1. St Michan`s Church has a crypt where you can see the well-preserved bodies of people who are dead for hundreds of years.Not my cup of tea but popular nonetheless.
2.The Phoenix Park contains 1752 acres near the centre of Dublin.The unique feature though is the herd of dozens of deer which wander though the park and who have been there since 1662.The occasional one gets knocked down by a car as there are many public roads in the park.
3.Newgrange is about 30 miles from Dublin and is a rather special pagan building about 4000 years old.
Very impressive looking it is for its age too.
4.Dublin has a Vermmeer painting,one of less than 40 in the whole world.You can see it free in the National Gallery.

Oct 17th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Stevie

Let's change this a bit to give our opinions of what city has the most desirable kinds of sights, such as the following:
-Best architecture: Vienna or Prague
-Best scenic location: Chamonix or Cortina d'Ampezzo
-Best food: Paris or Rome
-Best water: San Pellegrino (the town)
-Best transportation system: Paris or London
-Best music: Vienna or Salzburg
-Best beach bunny viewing: Nice or St. Tropez
-Best climate: Barcelona or any city in Corsica
-Best island: Capri, Santorini, or Kefallonia
-Best forests: Germany or Russia

And so on.

Oct 17th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Nancy

Edmond,
Florence has the sexiest, most masculine, awe inspiring palaces, mostly the Medici villas in town.
I can just stare at the stones and the iron horse rings and imagine what a family those Medici were. It is overwhelming.
Another palace to watch at night is the Antinori when they have their torches lit and they go around the whole building above the ground floor.