Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Un Dimanche a Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/un-dimanche-a-paris-913049/)

denisea Nov 23rd, 2011 11:25 PM

Un Dimanche a Paris

This place has everything in the world of sweets!

It is in a chaming little passage between rue St Andre des Arts and Blvd St Germain.
We stopped in yesterday (after climbing the Towers at Notre Dame), and picked up some salted caramels, macarons and those chocolate discs with nuts and dried fruits on them. I got addicted to them. We haven't started the tast test yet (too much food at Reed), but I wanted to acknowledge how cool the shop is and have lovely the pastries are.

Most importantly, the woman who waited on us was so accommodating. She had us sample come chocolat and was very kind to us. She also was nice enough to speak English and we appreciate that so much....we speak only a few words and phrases in French. The restaurant that is attached looks good and is very current in it's design. There is part of
An old wall in it, but it still fits with the look of the whole place. Also, a plus to watch the chocolat makers in a glass viewing room, as they create these confections.

Thanks Lillia for the tip...more when I get my T/R written.

Callie45 Nov 24th, 2011 12:59 AM

Hii... to all, I would like to thank this forum for giving such a wonderful tip. I would really appreciate if some more ideas and tips will be provided to us. In case of vacation packages forums also many sources and tips re provided.

Traviata Nov 24th, 2011 02:59 AM

We had lunch at their attached restaurant where every course has a touch of chocolate...really wonderful!

RJD Nov 24th, 2011 05:00 AM

A great suggestion and another Passage to explore. For next spring.

Printemps Nov 24th, 2011 06:05 AM

Hi Denisea,

Thanks for the heads-up about this place. I read about it in David Lebovitz's newsletter but forgot about it. Will make the effort for sure next time. I am enjoying your newsy posts. Thanks.
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/02...hocolate-shop/

Patty Nov 24th, 2011 06:17 AM

We have brunch reservations at their restaurant on Sunday and are signed up for their chocolate making class next Thursday. Really looking forward to both!

denisea Nov 24th, 2011 06:44 AM

Oh and the strawberry macaron from Un Dimanche....heaven in 3 bites!

denisea Nov 25th, 2011 05:38 AM

Have just now sampled the Lemon/Ginger macaron...now stumped as to which one is better (so far)...but these macarons are better (way better) than Laduree, in my opinion!

TPAYT Nov 25th, 2011 07:04 AM

Every course a touch of chocolate? How did we miss this place? Putting it on the list for next time.

Michel_Paris Nov 25th, 2011 07:14 AM

I'm slobbering on my keyboa?*&((*

2010 Nov 25th, 2011 08:09 AM

I've put this on my list! We will be staying nearby so I can see ourselves popping in often & taking away a delectable sample! Lemon + ginger. Mmm-m-m! Two of my favourite flavours!

tomarkot Nov 25th, 2011 09:25 AM

Denisea, thanks for all your updates. We're going to follow your wonderful leads. Sounds as though you're having a great time!

denisea Nov 26th, 2011 08:57 PM

We have had a great time...with a few mishaps here and there. Today is our last full day and we hope to squeeze a lot out of it! Home tomorrow.

tomarkot Nov 27th, 2011 09:06 AM

Denisea, hope your last day is wonderful and that you have a safe, smooth flight home! Thanks for all the info you've provided while in Paris, as well as your helpful reponse to our thread regarding the use of the bus as an alternative to the metro.

Callie45 Nov 28th, 2011 09:29 PM

I have taken the benefit of this ideas and information. And you wont believe but it has found to be very helpful for me. And the remaining knowledge I got from vacation packages forums which is also one of the best informative forum site.

denisea Nov 29th, 2011 03:13 AM

I can now add that the salted caramels from UDaP are out of this world!!

bab706 Nov 29th, 2011 04:43 AM

DH and I will be in Paris (our first trip) in late March - and I have added this shop to my list of "must see" places. It's close to our hotel - so we may have to stop in more than once! I can't wait to try the salted caramels! Looking forward to your trip report.

denisea Dec 1st, 2011 04:04 PM

bab706...the T/R has begun:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...g-in-paris.cfm

You should stop in several times. I don't think you will be sorry. Hope your trip is truly wonderful. The whole area around there is really great and a favorite of ours.

katec1 Dec 5th, 2011 01:27 AM

A must to try at Un DImanche is the Croustillant au Grue. Absolutely amazing!!!
It was the best Patisserie I had during my trip to Paris recently and I went to several well known Patisserie shops. I also had a caramel log (not sure what it was called) which was recommended by one of the women serving and it was also delicious.
My only regret was not having enough time to go back and try everything else....