Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Umbria Hotel - Le Case Gialle (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/umbria-hotel-le-case-gialle-812312/)

mikster Oct 29th, 2009 11:20 AM

Umbria Hotel - Le Case Gialle

Hello all....I was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with staying at Le Case Gialle in Umbria. We are going in June 2010 and, although I have seen many favorable things, most of them are older posts. Anyone have any new info they can share?

Thanks so much.

zoecat Oct 29th, 2009 11:39 AM

I have stayed there several times, the most recent last May. I always stay for 7 days and enjoy the accommodations and exploring the area. It is a very central location for visiting much of Umbria (a car is required). The apartments are well kept and spacious; the solar heated pool is a plus; the surroundings are beautiful. I enjoy hiking the property and nearby country roads and even try to fit in some morning sun rise runs up the hill to the closest town.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

DRJ Oct 29th, 2009 11:55 AM

My last stay was a year ago. Mauro and Silvana are kind, generous people. You are in good hands. BTW, I am Mauro's US "agent" for his olive oil sales efforts, but I've never had to do anything so I don't know what being an agent means.

mikster Oct 29th, 2009 12:21 PM

Okay...thank you very much...it sounds perfect for us.

mikster Oct 29th, 2009 12:24 PM

Actually...i do have another question...we are planning about 10 days...do you think that's too much time? We have the option of staying in Rome first a day or two but we've been to Rome several times and I was hoping to make this a more leisurely vacation...driving around and also enjoying the pool and the property itself. Most of the time when we travel to Europe we feel so rushed to do and see everything so I thought we do all ten days in Umbria so we can truly relax and enjoy. Do you think it's too much?

zoecat Oct 29th, 2009 12:37 PM

I feel you will easily find plenty to enjoy for 10 days. Umbria has so much to offer. I could stay forever.

I like the Touring Club of Italy Umbria guidebook for pointing me in the right direction. It has some great suggested itineraries for day trips and for wondering through some of the towns.

Enjoy!

mikster Oct 29th, 2009 12:47 PM

Great...I will pick up the book...appreciate your help.

juls_blanche Oct 30th, 2009 05:27 AM

I have heard great things about Le Case Gialle. It's on my list of places to stay at!

DRJ Oct 30th, 2009 06:13 AM

If you click on my initials you will find more information about the areas surrounding LCG than you probably need.

madams77 Oct 30th, 2009 07:21 AM

We are staying at Le Case Gialle in October, 2010. I know it is a long way off, but we just returned from 3 weeks in Greve in Chianti, and I am suffering from "Tuscany withdrawal." It is great to hear such positive feedback on the property. We are looking forward to staying at LCG and exploring the area.

zoecat: We are considering leaving early one morning and driving to Civitanova Marche on the Adriatic Sea coast. It looks to be about 70 miles east of LCG. Just wondering if you have ever visited that area and if you have any recommendations?

zoecat Oct 30th, 2009 07:50 AM

madams77,

So sorry, I have never visited Civitanova Marche or the area.

mikster Oct 30th, 2009 11:06 AM

Oh...thanks so much...I can't wait to go!