Reload this Page >

UK outside of London

Search

UK outside of London

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 1999, 12:37 PM
Chris

UK outside of London

Looking for suggestions of great places in the UK outside of London. I have spent some time there and am looking for places that I can visit in another trip. Scotland, Wales, England - any thoughts are appreciated. <BR>

Old May 26th, 1999, 12:45 PM
Kavey

I think to generate the best replies you need to be a little more specific in what you are looking for. <BR> <BR>Otherwise it is too tempting to reply, "Yes. England, Scotland, Wales". <BR> <BR>;-) <BR> <BR>Can you tell us what your interests are? <BR> <BR>E.g. Big cities, theatre, countryside, walking, climbing, shopping, small villages, museums etc. <BR> <BR>Once we have an idea of your interests and the question is a little more specific I am sure many people will have lots of suggestions for you. <BR> <BR>Also, I recommend you do searches for previous discussions, for example about places such as Cotswolds, Warwick, Stratford etc. <BR> <BR>Kind Regards <BR>Kavey

Old May 26th, 1999, 12:46 PM
Mark Nottoway

Aberystwyth, Wales. Victorian seaside town with steam-hauled trains up to the Devil's Bridge (a beautiful ride). From London Euston, one gets to Aberystwyth with a change in Wolverhampton. Good base for touring mid-Wales coast.

Old May 26th, 1999, 01:23 PM
Darrell

Do not miss Edinburgh. Without question my most favorite city in the world!

Old May 27th, 1999, 04:57 PM
kam

Mark, if you're out there, can you give me more about Aberwystwyth? We plan to drive in Wales in September with British friends and want to stay overnight in Aber. Do you have a hotel to recommend? The one we're considering is the Richmond on the promenade. Can you tell me more about the particulars of the railway? Thanks.

Old May 27th, 1999, 08:44 PM
Susan

I lived there for a year and visit every other year. I have a few good links to my favourite spots on my website. I'm still working on England but have best castles, houses and a few other ideas. <BR> <BR>http://www.telusplanet.net/public/al...avelpage4.html <BR>