UK: hotel near Biddulph Grange

Apr 12th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

UK: hotel near Biddulph Grange

We're looking for a nice hotel a short distance from Biddulph Grange, something under a 30 minute drive.

Someone suggested De Vere Mottram Hall. Would that be good? Something better?
Apr 12th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Seeing both of your threads - I wouldn't book two hotels - you can use one base for all three houses. Better IMO than packing and moving. If you can afford the De Vere Mottram Hall, great.
Apr 12th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

We're arriving that day, so visiting Biddulph and then driving to the next place would be too much for one day.
Apr 12th, 2014, 09:56 AM

No - I mean stay in one hotel for two nights . . . Packing and moving less than an hour away doesn't make sense to me . . . Biddulph Grange/Gardens and Chatsworth are only about 1 hour apart so I don't see any reason to stay two places.
Apr 12th, 2014, 10:51 AM

I stayed in that hotel a few times (on business, for about 3 nights a week for 4 weeks) about two years ago. According to my client, it is the best hotel in the area. Service was very good, rooms were large, comfortable and traditional. Excellent breakfast, and dinner was definitely edible. I loved the quiet of the place.

Its a lovely area, beautiful countryside and a couple of very lovely towns. Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to explore.