My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Paris Apartment
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 two days in Nice
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 New fast track
- 12 Packing Champagne
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 16 Once upon a time in Italy
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 london or amsterdam
- 22 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 25 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma