Reload this Page >

UK Distance Charts on the Web?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 03:01 PM
anon

Can anyone provide a web link for a good UK driving distance chart for Ireland and the UK?<BR><BR>Also...did Ireland or UK convert to Eurodollars, or are they still using their own currencies?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:32 PM
wes fowler

Check www.viamichelin.com for routing<BR>There is no such thing as a Eurodollar. There is the Euro, singular and plural, no dollar suffix. Ireland has converted to the Euro; it is now "their own" currency. The United Kingdom has not adopted the Euro.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:44 PM
jahoulih

It's not quite true that there's no such thing as a Eurodollar. U.S.-dollar-denominated deposits in non-U.S. banks are referred to as Eurodollars. They don't have any separate tangible existence, so in a sense Wes is right, but I still wouldn't mind having some.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 06:16 PM
anon

Thank you...you're right...I slipped when I wrote "Eurodollar". I'm an accountant, and have knowledge of "Eurodollars" for investment purposes, so it was a slip. I appreciate the clarification, though...thanks!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:10 AM
xxx

For directions, times and distances, you can also try theaa.co.uk

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:36 AM
sylvia

I find the RAC route planner very useful at http://www.rac.co.uk/plan_route