Reload this Page >

UK coin operated laundries???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:28 AM
SheShe

We are on a tour bus for 20 days through England, Ireland and Scotland. Are do-it-yourself coin operated laundromats available?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:55 AM
JOdy

don't know about Ireland, but I have never had any trouble locating one in Scotland or england...just ask someone in the smaller towns..many have wash and fold service so you don't have to sit there and watch them spin around wasting touring time

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:40 AM
sylvia

Most towns have them. People will probably understand if you ask for a laundromat, but in Britain they are commonly called Laundrettes.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:06 AM
janis

Since you are covering so much territory, the tour is probably pretty fast paced. Most days there won't be time to sit in a launderette for a couple of hours - especially if that is your only free time in a town or village.<BR><BR>Your best bets are to either use the wash and fold service and have the launderette staff do you laundry for you, <BR><BR>OR <BR><BR>IF you are staying a few days in a larger hotel send your laundry out. This is more expensive but on a tour they usually keep you miving.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Claudia

I used a wash and fold service in Kilkenny. As I recall, it was very reasonably priced; I think it was under $10 for 2 or 3 loads.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 06:07 AM
xxx

And, if you get the chance, try to rent the video "My Beautiful Launderette"!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:36 PM
carolyn

On a similar trip, we went to a laundromat one afternoon in Plymouth, England, where we had a three-night stay. Other than that, I did laundry by hand at other multiple-night stops so it had time to dry. My daughter loaned me a nifty little square gadget that had several little rods with small clothespins and a hanger to fit over the shower rod. Not sure where she got it.