Right now my plan is:
2 nights Bath
1 night Winchester
1 night Salisbury
2 nights York
5 nights Edinburgh
5 nights London
Are there any buses that go straight from Gatwick to Bath?
Does the order work train wise? Alternatives to Winchcester/Salisbury that you'd suggest instead? I wanted to see both Cathedrals and both have Christmas markets, but I'm open to going elsewhere. That 5th night in London is Dec. 24, so I need to find out when the last train leaves for Gatwick- no transit on the 25th means I think I'll need to stay out at the airport that night.
Are there any attractions that you know of that are open Dec. 24? I have a long list of museums I want to get to in London, but so far, Dec. 24-26 seems to be the standard seasonal closure. Are department stores like Harrods usually open on Christmas Eve?
Any favorite recommendations for restaurants in any of the locations, but especially Edinburgh? Favorite museums of Edinburgh?
Favorite Christmas themed afternoon teas in London? I was thinking of booking one for Christmas Eve.
Finally- any special Christmas displays or shows I should make an effort to see? I love lights, traditional markets, department store windows, nativity scenes.
Flights are all booked, lodging is booked but refundable. I'm headed back the 25th because staying through New Years is rather expensive but I'm tempted to change that. Never enough time, especially for London museums
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 paris to london- day trip
- 23 10 days in europe
- 24 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
UK Christmas- itinerary check, and miscellaneous details wanted.
Right now my plan is: