U.S to Prague/Dubrovnik to U.S

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be going to Central Europe in September 2006 for one month. I need to fly into Prague and out of Dubrovnik. Is it too early to book flights?

I have been checking out airfares on some of the "general" internet travel sites (Travelocity/Orbirt/and such) and the outbound segment to Prague doesn't seem to be difficult but I am having trouble trying to depart from Dubrovnik. The general travel sites won't let me book because the airlines they listed don't have reciprocal ticketing agreements and when I look at the individual airlines sites (Delta, United, Lufthansa and so on) they aren't flying from Dubrovnik.

Anyone know of any airlines I can directly book this itinerary with from their website? I'm going from Savannah, Georgia (which I know may be part of the problem since it's not a "major" hub) to Prague on Sept. 2 and from Dubrovnik to Savannah around Sept. 28, 29 or 30? Or, am I going to have to breakdown and go to a travel agent...haven't used one in years because I am "anal" about having control over my travel plans!

Any helpful information is appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:01 AM

It may be easier to fly home from Split. I'm actually using the Sarajevo airport for a trip to Dubrovnik, since flights from Dubrovnik are few and expensive. Or you can take bus or train to Zagreb and fly home from there.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:22 AM

British Air flies out of DBV, but you would likely have to spend the night in London to catch your AM flight to the US. You can also fly very cheaply from DBV to Zagreb (< 30 euro), so look into flights from Zagreb. That should give you many more options. There is no train from DBV to Zagreb.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:23 AM

Ooops...the flight from DBV to ZAG should read < 50 euro.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll try the options mentioned!
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM

I'm headed to dubrovnik for 3 months to study and went through the same problems of getting in and out of the city.

I second what issy posted. Check out british airways which can get you from dubrovnik to london (gatwick). I'm doing gatwick to dubrovnik for <$180 and being my own travel agent to get to london.

If you're up to the challenge and feel comfortable booking your own flights not directly through, then go for it! London is certain to give you more options to Georgia!

Good Luck! Enjoy September.