My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 7 Keukenhaf
- 8 Netherlands- Texel
- 9 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 12 9 day trip to France
- 13 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 14 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 15 England
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 18 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Once upon a time in Italy
- 22 2 week May trip with kids
- 23 Which Aran Island??
- 24 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 25 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA