My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 2 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 3 Hertz, Lisbon, Fraud Warning
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 10 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 13 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 14 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Christmas week in Ireland
- 19 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 20 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 23 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden