Two Geneva Layover Questions

May 2nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Two Geneva Layover Questions

I've read some of the very helpful posts about Geneva, but have some specific follow up questions. We (a 30 something couple) are flying through Geneva for a trip to Italy in September/October (the price of using miles!) and will end up with two layovers.

On the front end, we arrive in Geneva around 8AM and don't leave on our easyjet flight to Rome until 7PM. I think I have a good idea of a "Day in Geneva" itinerary from previous posts, but does anyone have any recommendations for either hotels with day rates where we could shower, leave our bags and perhaps have a brief nap? In the alternative, does anyone know whether the Geneva airport (or any of the airport lounges) has shower and left baggage facilities?

On the way home, we will be arriving in Geneva around 5PM and not leaving until 9AM the next morning. I was thinking about doing a fancy dinner and stay at the Domaine de Chateauvieux for our last night, but will that be too much of a trip to the airport the next morning? Does anyone have any other suggestions for a similar place to eat/stay?

Thank you!
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:55 PM

I have stayed at the Hotel de la Cigogne on Place Longemalle. It is a beautiful hotel, friendly staff, and the location is fabulous...right in the center of "Old Town". The hotel is within walking distance of everything you could want for a short stay...shopping, restaurants, sightseeing: the jet d'eau, the flower clock, etc. The restaurant in the hotel is one of the top-rated in Geneva. It is a quick 15 minute ride to the airport, and cabs are easily accessible right outside the hotel.

Search this Thread