Restaurant suggestions in Paris 16th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we'll be staying in an apartment in the 16th over the Thanksgiving holiday - any restaurant, bistro suggestions much appreciated!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 08:07 AM

How about Pre Catalan?
Another poster stayed in the 16th this past year,in an apt, I will see if I can find her post, she mentions eating in the neighborhood.
There are plenty of nice places though,..
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 08:45 AM

The 16th is actually a fairly spread out arrondissement...which part will you be staying in?
And what's your preference? For example, I really like the Scossa cafe on the Place Victor Hugo. Very modern, trendy, a nice cocktail menu, fusion food, can get crowded. I go there for drinks (cappuccino, tea with fresh mint). More traditional is Stella, a brasserie with Alsace cuisine, farther down the street on Ave. Victor Hugo. Conti, on rue Lauriston, does very elegant Italian (with French influences), reservations needed for that one. My favorite Michelin starred restaurant in the 16th is Relais d'Auteuil, which is pretty far out in the southern end of the 16th.
On Ave. Mozart, by the Jasmin metro stop, is Royal Mozart, a nice place for casual lunch, no reservations, simple, tasty food, inexpensive. However, my all time favorite casual eating spot is Bar des Theatres, on the Ave. Montaigne, across the street from the Plaza Athenee. Excellent bistro food (best steak tartare in town, some claim, if you like that dish), friendly service, lively clientele (residents from this chic neigbhorhood, staff from the designer boutiques, chauffeurs for the celebs staying at the PA). Within walking distance of the 16th if you're staying in Passy or up near the Arc de Triomphe. At the Sofitel Dokhan is an elegant champagne bar, something like 24 different bottles of champagne by the glass at certain times.
A restaurant I haven't tried yet, but one that's well regarded is Le Flandrin on 80, Ave. Henri Martin.

You can peruse the menus and photos for some of the above mentioned restaurants at www.bestrestaurantsparis.com It's not a complete list by any means, but is helpful for getting ideas.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

our apartment is on Rue Singer, about a block east of r. de Boulainvilliers - we'd like to try a mix of neighborhood bistros plus 2-3 more upscale places
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Rue Singer is very nice and it is near the Marmottan musée: type in the search box: Restaurant near Marmottan-Paris and you'll find out about the restos near the metro stop la muette (and near rue singer). Off rue Passy, there is a great Japanese restaurant: Akasaka and across if it a Russian resto(also good).

The nicest post office in Paris is on rue Singer too =).

One street up from Rue singer, on the corner of rue bois le vent and avenue mozart is a bakery called la flute enchantée which has THE best butter croissants in Paris (they also have a 'branch' on rue Passy which may be closer to you).

Enjoy!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Almost just around the corner, 10 Chaussee de la Muette, is a restaurant Parc de la Muette. We love that place and visit at least once on every trip. Extensive menu, moderate prices, very good food. There's another place a few doors down to the right that also looks really appealing, but we always wind up at Parc de la Muette when in the neighborhood.

Be sure to have a look at Bar Antoine, 17 Rue la Fontaine, an Art Nouveau gem! Not really a restaurant, but tiny and fabulous bar for the vintage tiles, etc.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Also near rue Singer (and steps from the Seine with a view to the Tour Eiffel) is Le Tournesol, 2 Avenue de Lamballe. To my recollection, it's best to reserve here 01 45 25 95 94. We really, really enjoyed the food (moderate prices, too).
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:19 AM

One of our favorite meals during a month-long Paris trip last spring was at La Table Lauriston in the 16th at 129, rue Lauriston (01 47 27 00 07). The food and setting were top-notch. La Table Lauriston was Lebey's 2005 Parisian Bistro of the Year, and we understood why after our evening there.

The décor is lovely with paint and fabrics in a range of warm colors – burgundy, magenta, fuschia, orange and pink – accented with silver. Our meal was superb. We both chose a tartare of red tuna marinated in lime juice and dill for the entrée and savored every bite. As a main course, I had scallops with chanterelle mushrooms and snow peas, and my husband had a filet of sea bass with carrots, snow peas, and leeks. The ingredients were market fresh, and the mix of flavors excellent. We both chose the moelleux of chocolate – rich and melting – for dessert.

From your apartment on rue Singer, you can take line 9 of the Metro from La Muette to Trocadero. It's an easy walk from there.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:54 AM

Stella, Flandrin and Table Lauriston are indeed classics from the 16e.

Passiflore 33 rue de Longchamp is the best gastro modern restaurant in the 16e. Everyone raves about it!

Les Marches du Palais is a good bistrot at 5 rue de la Manutention, so is Le Petit Rétro, 5 rue Mesnil

Closer to where you are staying is one of Paris's best Spanish (even though it is actually Catalan) restaurants: Rosimar - 26 rue Poussin