I will be visiting Tuscany later this summer. I'm flying into Pisa and arrive at 9:50 at night. How far is the airport to the city center? Is it advisable for me to travel to a hotel near the city center at this time of night alone (I am a female in my 20s traveling alone)? Should I book a hotel near the airport for the first night/are there hotels near the airport? Also, how to I get to the airport to the city center, and do you have any suggestions on hotels? My budget is somewhere around $100/120 a night.
Second, I am looking for some helping planning my trip there. I will be arriving in Pisa at night and then staying for 4 full days, leaving on the 5th. I would like to go to the beach while there and basically just relax. Will I want to spend all the time in Pisa/is the beach easily accessible? Or should I try to see another town/city for a day or two? Is Cinque Terre/Monterossa anywhere close? I've heard that's a wonderful place. I am open for any suggestions, I am just looking for a nice beach, good food, and a nice place to walk around/shop, etc. If there are major tourist sites you think I should see, please suggest them. I'm not into museums, but things like the leaning tower of pisa I definitely will check out.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 4 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 9 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 10 Best Greek Island
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 16 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve