I am planning a 9 day vacation for my husband and I (both in our early 30's) to Tuscany. I would love some insight and/or suggestions on my itinerary. We will be flying in and out of Rome. A little background: We have both been to Rome, Florence, the Amalfi Coast and Lake Como. We absolutely love France, particularly Provence and the French Riviera.
Day 1: Day in Siena, Overnight in Siena
Day 2: Day in Siena, Overnight in Siena
Day 3: Volterra, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Overnight in Siena
Day 4: Drive through the scenic Chiantigiana Route, Overnight in Siena
Day 5: Pienza, Monastery of Sant'Anna in Camprena, Tour of LaFoce, Overnight in Pienza
Day 6: Montalcino, Sant' Antimo Abbey, San Quirico, Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore, Overnight in Pienza
Day 7: Montepulciano and Cortona, Overnight in Pienza
Day 8: Assisi, Overnight in Pienza
Day 9: Pitigliano, Orvieto, Overnight in Pienza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 European honeymoon help needed
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna