Tuscany, Italy... Money No Object!

Jan 23rd, 2001, 11:54 AM
Steve S.

Tuscany, Italy... Money No Object!

No, it's not that we are rich, but my wife and I work all year long so we can have one spectacular vacation.

This summer we would like it to be in the Tuscany region, and we would like to have recommendations for places to stay that are outstanding.

We are in our mid 50's and like clean, bright, quiet, and beautiful places.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated!!
Thanks!! Steve

Jan 23rd, 2001, 12:09 PM
jhm

Check out the Relais-Chateaux website and their places in Tuscany. I know well-traveled people who stayed there on their honeymoon/special anniversary who thought they were fantastic and the best places they had ever been.

Jan 29th, 2001, 06:56 PM
g&g

i guess i need to know if this is your first trip? get on www.theparkercompany.com. you can rent a villa for a fraction of what hotels will cost and just look at the wonderful options! hooray for you! we work our tails off each year for just the same thing! good luck, G.

Jan 29th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Dona

Steve,

Some of my fabulous places:

Il Pellicano in Porto Ercole - about 90 minutes north of Rome in Tiscany

La Suvera in Pievescola near Siena

Villa San Michele in Fiesole just outside of Florence

Borgo San Felice in Castelnuovo Berardenga

Let me know if you want more info...

Dona

Jan 29th, 2001, 07:57 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Steve, There are outstanding places to stay in many locales of Tuscany. You may want to focus on location and itinerary before you start shopping for
accomodations. How long will you stay?
Do you plan to do more than Tuscany? Do you plan to drive? Let me know if you need more help. Tuscany may be larger than you think.

Jan 30th, 2001, 12:42 AM
Kimerley

Steve, try www.omnia.addr.com
we booked our Villa in Umbria through them. We are paying $AUD3295 for 1 week!
It is expensive and I hope to god it is worth it. Do a search for villa's in Italy there are plenty to choose from.

Jan 30th, 2001, 03:07 PM
Virginia

The Albergo Pietrasanta in Pietrasanta is a really fantastic 4 star hotel. It's near the piazza and the rooms are all individually decorated and unique. There's a beautiful little terrace for your breakfast in the morning. The nicest hotel I have ever stayed at (visit the newly finished frescoes in Gallena while you're there - the hilltown is a treat and the frescoes are truly amazing). The Porta Rosa in Florence is actually quite spectacular, too. Huge rooms. The hotel itself dates to the 1300s. They say Saint Theresa used to stay there.

Jan 30th, 2001, 06:16 PM
cher4travel

Steve...I have many suggestions on apartments and villas rent, not much on hotels...I suggest you contact a wonderful person Sammie Daniels, she manages a wonderful property owned by the Fontodi Family in Panzano (Tuscany) a working winery and olive oil farm. My husband and I rented the "barn" from her two years ago, a two bedroom wonderful cottage, with great kitchen, patio, pool, barbe, and it could not have been nicer, I believe price at that time was 1700 a week. Her telephone # in California is 415-332-5814. She lives partime in California and partime on the estate for the other half. You might mention our name to her Michael and Cheryl Pirozzoli, she may remember. We simply loved the surroundings, place, and the view. The number I gave you is tele and fax.

Try some of the following: http://www.villavacations.com,www.va...tals.com..this should get you started, hope it helps to make a decision.

Cher4travel