and you will be limited on day trip options based
on your location. Make your choice of: NEAR
FLORENCE-----CHIANTI AREA----SIENA/SOUTH
I suggest the latter two. Lots to see and do, and
your driving range will be important. I know the
area well----give me a holler.

Old Oct 26th, 1997, 05:39 PM
Lisa

Try an outfit called Italy Farm Holidays in Tarrytown, NY. We booked a trip through them and found them to be extremely helpful. They will mail you a catalog of farms, apartments, villas, even a converted convent. Have fun!

Old Oct 27th, 1997, 06:51 PM
GG

Just returned from a month in Italy where we spent a week each in apartments on 2 different farms. We rented through a California company, In Italy. You can see the farms they offer by going to www.initaly.com, and choosing Countryside Accommodations. This was our first experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it. If you intend to use your apartment primarily as a base for touring, be certain it is conveniently located for access to good roads. One of ours was much better located than the other, although both were lovely sites. Good luck.

Old Nov 1st, 1997, 03:31 PM
Carol Leventhal

If you are still interested in pursuing a place to rent in Tuscany, you might want to consider La Penisola, a house owned by an ex-patriate American, Nora Kravis. The house is located on a hillside which overlooks an agricultural valley, about one mile outside Radda in Chianti. The house accommodates six people, has two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, small living room, dining area, three bedrooms, and a loggia. It is very pretty, clean, and I absolutely love it. Nora just went online and can be reached at [email protected]. Buon viaggio! Carol Leventhal

Old Nov 1st, 1997, 05:31 PM
Pat

Check out http://www.travel-italy.com/- I just used them to secure hotels- but they have apartments, villas etc. I found them a wealth of knowledge and accessible. You actually book through your own travel agent who calls them with your choices after you have talked to them. They will book for you but they prefer to use your agent. They visit Italy regularly so they're really up on the quality of properties AND they have FANTASTIC rates!Good Luck!

Old Nov 19th, 1997, 06:23 PM
eric wall

Can you rent for 2-3 days rather than a week. With 10-12 days in Tuscany and never having been there (and not wishing to go crazy seeing "everything" but getting a real flavor for the people, area) where would you suggest I concentrate my stays. Planning trip for late April, May or early June 1998.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Tippy

ttt

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Rex

Not sure why this very, very old question was brought back up... but I will address this part of the last post, since some people do wonder this.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt;Can you rent for 2-3 days rather than a week.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>There are a few places on www.domani-usa.com which allow this. what I know about the most is not really in Tuscany, but in the Rieti province, east of Rome. It's my idea, visually, of what Tuscany might have looked like before it was "discovered" and transformed into "Chianti-shire" - - like a bit before the early scenes in Tea with Mussolini. <BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Rex

Oh, and one last thing - - a resource that didn't exist as far as I know, back in 1977 - - try looking for other variations on typical rentals on www.slowtrav.com - - simply because there is so much good info there.<BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Darline

We stayed in the Chianti region this past September for our honeymoon at the Castello Di Lamole<BR>http://www.arscanora.it/castellodilamole/english/main.htm<BR>It was very clean, well situated up on a hill overlooking the wine country and the owners were very nice.<BR>They rent by the week.<BR>Enjoy!