I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL PRINTER 18OO:681 : 72O8 CONTACTDELL Techh care
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Wierd Europe map
- 4 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 5 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 8 Transportation in Brittany
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 14 Milan airport--which one
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Visit to France
- 19 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 family trip to Germany and more
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 Barcelona to Malaga
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help