I just want to start off by thanking everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is shared on this forum, esp for international travel newbies such as myself i've planned an entire 2 week trip to Italy using this site (and think Ive done a darn good job too! lol)
Anyway, I would like to finally ask a question. If this is a silly idea, just lay it out there for me I know there are a million other ways to do what I'm thinking.
So my best friend and I are both 25 and will be in Florence for four nights in early October. One of those days we plan to take a SITA bus into one of the wine regions. Ideally (in our little Italian-vacation fantasy) we would rent bicycles and stop by 2 - 3 winerys for tastings, and maybe a small hour or two long tour at one. I fully understand that Tuscany is very hilly (we are pretty fit) and that the distances may be large. I have google mapped a couple of winerys to see what distances we would be looking at, and I have found a couple that are about 5 km apart... not bad at all in my opinion!
So my question is... For those of you who have actually SEEN Tuscany, is renting a bicycle and riding around to winerys even logical? Or is this too far fetched? The idea of a wine tour on a bus doesnt really suit us, but some of the horse back rides have caught my eye, but to a much lesser extent than the biking. Has anyone used any of the rental shops, or have suggestions for towns or esp winerys to visit?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설토토추천사이트 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 3 Le Marche Research Help
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Greece in end October
- 8 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 15 Favorite London memories
- 16 10 Days in Austria
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe