I have a nine hour layover in Istanbul in both directions en route from Boston to Cape Town coming up. On the way out, I arrive in Turkey at 4:25pm (Sunday) and on the way back, I arrive in Turkey at 5:20am (Sunday). Is it worth getting out into the city to explore? I can get my Visa online to save myself some time. I am a single traveler and would rather go eat and see some sights than sit in a terminal for hours on end, trying to stay awake (my flight to Africa leaves at 1am). I usually carry-on my luggage, is there a place to leave it for the time being so I don’t have to lug it around the city or should I just check my luggage and hope for the best?
Suggestions on getting around and what to see/do would be most helpful! I am familiar with Uber as I drive for them here in Boston, but do they have that in Turkey? Turkish Bath worth the time/money? I assume the market will be closed on both days, but I wouldn’t want to waste time not seeing some of the sights! Also, should I bother getting some Lira? I don’t typically carry cash, but I will have Rand on me which is obviously no use to me in Europe!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 2 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 My France Vacation