Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Turkey-significantly cheaper than Greece or Italy??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Alia

My question is pretty much that- having traveled to Greece & Italy in recent years, would I see a huge difference in the cost of a vacation there?? I already know the airfare looks great for June 2003 from New York City. I am positive it is cheaper than Italy, but what about Greece?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Dena

I found Turkey still a fair amount cheaper than Greece and much cheaper than Italy. Hotel rooms were maybe $10 to $25 less expensive per night, taxi's were cheaper, bottled water etc.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:53 PM
JohnT

There are cheap apartments in Turkish holiday resorts also.<BR><BR>Apartments to sleep 4 people with a pool would set you back &pound;7 per night per apartment(you pay for the apartment not per person).

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:16 AM
fiona

It is definitely a lot cheaper than Italy. We go to Greece a lot and had heard that we would find Turkey to be a lot cheaper. However, we found there to be little difference( as Greece is cheap anyway!)

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:03 AM

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:43 AM
xxx

Italy is expensive. Greece is medium priced. In Turkey I stay in a four or five star hotel at the same cost I stay in a two star family place in Greece.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Alia

Could you expand on that last statement xxx? Name some hotels/areas/prices that you have liked.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:53 PM
hakan

try the korumar hotel in kusadasi<BR>excellent food.<BR>and great swimmin pool for great value during spring time..<BR>and lovely kebaps in summers at pool restaurant.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:28 PM
george

The problem with turkey is that you really need, at least in some cities to stay in more expensive hotels. Also be careful of what you eat or drink because it is much easier to get food poisoning there