I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 2 Driving
- 3 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 4 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 Change of resident
- 8 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 9 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 10 The World's Greatest Churches
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 19 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018