Turkey: Kusadasi or Antalya?

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:56 AM
turkey

Turkey: Kusadasi or Antalya?

Hi, I am thinking of a vacation in Turkey and I have to decide between these two resorts, Kusadasi and Antalya. I know both are mass tourism type resorts, but still I would appreciate any advice or opinion. Thanks.

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:51 AM
abc

If you love hot weather go to Antalya or go To Kusadasi. OR if you want to have holiday in not Mass touristic area
go to KAS, KALKAN these are the best place

ABC

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:02 AM
turk

thanks abc, I would do that happily, but unfortunately I have to choose only from these two resorts, for resons beyond my control

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Patrick

We spent several days in each place. We stayed at the Rennaissance resort outside Antalya. Antalya is a vibrant city. Its old city is interesting to wander through, and there are interesting ruins nearby if you want to see them. Side is an interesting little tourist town -- very busy-- also fun for shopping in the bazaars and eating along the promenade.
I think the main reason to visit Kusadasi is if you want to spend some time at nearby Ephesus (arguably the best archeological site in Turkey or Greece). Otherwise, the city of Kusadasi offers little except a number of shops and hotels for the package tourism and for the cruise ships that dock there to allow a visit to Ephesus.
Of the two, I'd definitely choose Antalya, unless Ephesus is important to you.

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:12 AM
isa

I would choose Antalya for the same reason described above. Although it is very touristic it is an interesting base to visit ruins such as Aspendos, Termessos, Perge,... and offers good opportunities with the seaside and mountains. As for Kusadasi,also very touristic, it is THE base with Selçuk to see Ephesus and can be a base for a day trip to Pamukkale.

Isabelle
http://davrazia.free.fr