Notices

Turkey cruise options in April

Old Feb 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Turkey cruise options in April

hi everybody,

my husband & i are planning a trip to turkey with a couple of days in bodrum around mid-april.

we really want some R & R time, on the beach or a blue cruise. has anyone done cruise/ gulet in april on the aegean coast?

our tour operator is having a hard time finding a cruise operator in april because the season starts in may. we are looking a small cabin charter or maybe day trips along the coastline...

thanks!
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have not cruise in April but I find strange howcome your agent can not find cabin charter in April ?

I am sure your agent will find one. Because ther are plenty out there.

Happy travelling,
Murat
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would think that april might be a bit early for a cruise and that is why it is hard to find an operator at that time...but Murat is right plenty to choose from..

Also the Mediterranean is usually warmer than the Aegean coast..Antalya to Fethiye regions..

Where do you plan to travel to while you are in Turkey...why not just consider taking some day trips on a boat for a relaxing time...check out all the boats in the harbor that are available and negotiate a price for this trip.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 03:26 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi A,
I'm not sure of the standard you are after but you could check out www.feztravel.com they have cruises in April.

My husband and I will be in in Turkey in October and plan to cruise from Antalya to Fethiye. I haven't done a lot of research on it yet but that is just one name that I have come across.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for your replies!

my agent was actually able to find a private cruise/gulet, not sure what they are called but it was way too expensive obviously...

we will be based in bodrum at the time. (our trip is mostly on the aegean coast: istanbul- ephesus - kusadasi - bodrum)so maybe we can just get there & look for day trips?

i was told many of the hotels there are not open until may like queen ada & club med. for now we plan to stay at azka hotel unless there is a better option close to the water...
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kempinski barbaros Bay is open and at the beach too. There is a great spa for those enjoys such pampering....As far as I know Azka is not at beach and if it is not a must to be at beach there are plenty of other options to my opinion.

Happy travelling,
Murat