Search

Turenne le Marais versus Caron de Beaumarchais

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turenne le Marais versus Caron de Beaumarchais

Hello again

I figured this new thread might get more targeted views instead of adding to my hotel with AC in Paris, thread.

I am not staying in my regular hotel and the first weekend will stay in the Marais, the second weekend near Rue Montorgueil.

Hotel Bachaumont (near Rue M) will be the second weekend. I gave Montmartre some thought and I think I'll stay there on a subsequent visit, outside of summer. I'm ready to start circulating my locations but on arrival day I need to quickly find a place to plug in with my laptop and work and I already know my old neighborhood.

First weekend I've already booked Turenne le Marais at a great price but am still looking around a bit. The rooms look small and bland but well equipped. The location is great - near Place des Vosges. The bathrooms seem modern, unclear how small.

Poking around I found Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais which is also well located, a block or so from Les Philosophes. The rooms are a little bigger, but not much, and it's hard to tell if the bathrooms are bigger/more modern. An even better bathroom would be a tiebreaker. It's a bit more expensive, maybe another 75E a night more. It looks a little more boutique/traditional/maybe more attention to detail?

If anyone has stayed at either, any thoughts?

Thank you
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

Pulling up an older thread, I know, but I was wondering which of the hotels in Le Marais you picked? I just found Pepper von Snoot's thread about the Beaumarchais, and am considering it for a trip in November.