Reload this Page >

Visiting the Ufizzi

Search

Visiting the Ufizzi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Mike

Visiting the Ufizzi

I'm looking forward to a nice Italian vacation in March. Florence will definitely be high on the list of stops. I've heard that waiting to get into the Ufizzi could take hours but that I could make advanced reservations so that I can avoid the lines. Is this true? If true, does anyone know how easily this is done? Thanks.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Vicki

I was there last summer and we just asked our hotel to make the reservation for us, the day before we planned to go. It was pretty easy and we were there in July when the lines are really long!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 11:44 AM
howard

There will be some people who will say that you must get reservations before you, as it will be very crowded. However, for the month of March, I'm with Vicki. Wait until you get there. When we were there in November, the only time there were lines (and they weren't that long) were before the Uffizi opened in the morning. Why spend the money unnecessarily for advanced reservation tickets, and why pin yourself down to a specific time far in advance?

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Beth

The website for the Florence museum reservations is http://www.weekendafirenze.com/musei.htm <BR> <BR>It does cost a bit more than making the reservations after you arrive. But it is very easily done. We went in September and made reservations for Uffizi, Medici Chapels and Accademia. As it turned out the only long line was the Uffizi, but I only had 1 1/2 days, and it was high season, so I didn't want to risk a long wait.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 01:56 PM
Stephen

Hi, you can also call the museum directly and reserve. It is cheeper than the above suggestion. Rick Steves, I believe, has the number at his website.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 07:07 PM
Lynn

In Jan. we walked into the Ufizzi @ about 3pm on a Sunday, and it closed @ 6pm. No reservation, not very crowded. Of course, it was Jan. and you may be there during the Easter/spring break time period.

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 09:31 AM
jay wagner

Mike, <BR> <BR>The reservation service for the Florence museums are suspended until April. The personnel assure me that lines in March aren't bad at all.