Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Tryp Ambassador or Reina Victoria in Madrid?

Dec 13th, 2000, 07:50 PM
Lori

I am tryng to decide between these two hotels. Does anyone have any recommendations or opinions?

Dec 13th, 2000, 10:57 PM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi.
I don't know the Ambassador, but I've stayed twice in Reina Victoria. It is perfectly located at the Plaza Santa Ana. Some rooms have a balcony. Standard is very good. Walking distances to everything, night and day. Have a nice stay.
Bjorn, Norway

Dec 14th, 2000, 03:16 AM
ph

I stayed at the Ambassador in marh/2000. Is a lovely hotel, good location, great staff and a yummy breakfast. I think tou will love it!

Dec 14th, 2000, 02:29 PM
Erin

I vote for Try[p Ambassador. I stayed there in 1996 (so long ago, sigh) and it is definitely in a good location. It's a beautiful building with nice sized rooms. We were in a triple (a true over-sized triple, not a double room crammed with three beds). It had 2 twin beds and a convertable sofa (which is where I slept very comfortably). There's a subway station about a block away and you can walk to Gran Via (for shopping), Presidential Palace, Plaza mayor, and the Opera House. Good luck and enjoy!

Dec 14th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Paulo

I don't know any of the two. Locationwise, though, I prefere the Ambassador's a shade better (closer to the action).
Paulo