Trying to put an itinerary together

Dec 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM
PCV
Original Poster

Trying to put an itinerary together

Can anyone help?

I am trying to put together an itinerary for my DH and 2 yo and am stuck. I have tkts anywhere that BA flies (I am in Western canada) and we are trying to figure out our holiday plans. We will be taking our vacation in end Feb/ early march for 10 days We have already been to Florence, Rome, Milan, Venice Frankfurt, Holland, Sweden, London, Spain, Vienna.

Ideally we would like to take the entire time and spend it in Scotland - but the weather

The second option is Morocco (Marakesh and Casablanca)

The thrd option is Prague and eastern Europe (no more than 2 cities)

Any recommendations welcome.

We would liek to have a memorable holiday (aren't they all!!!) but esp so since the 2 yo is still young.
Dec 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM

The 2-year old complicates it a bit, but for nice weather in late February/early March I suggest Cape Town.

Fly to Cape Town, rest up, see the sights, and then rent a car and drive up the coast along the Garden Route toward Port Elizabeth.

Now that would be a memorable vacation!
Dec 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM

That time of year its fairly likely you will have at least some nasty weather anywhere you choose in Europe.

I'm not quite sure why you say "but the weather " re Scotland - but are considering Prague/eastern Europe. The weather will be at least as bad, if not much worse, in Prague as in Edinburgh.

If weather is really important you will need to go somewhere other than Europe. If places in the Southern Hemisphere don't interest you, me personally - I'd choose Scotland.

Not sure about Morocco w/ a toddler. Not that it would be dangerous or anything - just that I personally wouldn't want to drag a toddler on a semi-adventure holiday.
Dec 27th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Morocco! But I would not include Casa..with the child you might be best off staying in Marrakech for the whole week...or maybe include Essaouria if you want some coast time..
Dec 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
kja

Hi, PCV -

Have you considered Sicily? You might be able to catch the almond festival in Agrigento, which I believe is in February.

Enjoy!
Dec 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
ira

Hi P,

How about Ireland.

Dec 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM

I like the Cape Town idea. Also, Nassau, Buenos Aires, Rio, Sydney, Singapore. Go to the British Airways website and look at their route maps. Maybe you'll get another idea.
Dec 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Morocco for sure, but not Casablanca...do Marrakesh, Fes, Agadir, and Essouira, with a drive through the Atlas mountains in between.
Dec 28th, 2007, 06:50 AM
PCV
Original Poster

Thanks All.

Sicily sounds fabulous. I did look it up y'day especially with BA flying to Catania.

Ireland - is so on my list of places to visit but I guess the weather there is going to be cold as well.

What does everyone thing of the Canary Islands and Greece.

Greece we were thinking Athens and Crete?

All suggestions are welcome

Dec 29th, 2007, 05:07 AM

Have you considered Cyprus? A lot of Europeans go there for summer beach holidays, but it offers a lot more than that - beautiful scenery, ancient ruins, mountains, beaches, great towns. The water will be a little too chilly for swimming unless you're really brave, but you could probably find a hotel with a heated pool for the little one. It doesn't rain very much there and the average air temps at that time of year are in the low 60's.

The southern part of the island has a lot of the Greek culture and food that you'd find in Athens, but without the traffic, pollution, etc. The northern part is controlled by Turkey and you have to go through a special crossing, but we felt safe going there and found it to be really interesting. Kyrenia, on the north coast, was particularly beautiful but it takes some doing to get there.

My husband and I, both in our 30's, spent 12 days there last September and we still didn't get to see everything we wanted to see. The food and people are fantastic and we can't wait to go back!
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Sicily or Greece? Cyprus or Malta?

Search this Thread