Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide between 3 hotels in sorrento, please help!

Apr 10th, 2002, 01:15 AM
sinead

I am going to be in sorrento for 1 week in September. I have got a quote of 135 euro from 'La Tonnarella'. It looks beautiful and has a private beach but I'm worried that it is not central enough. This price is expensive for me so I want to be sure that its worth it. Has anyone stayed here before?
Otherwise, I will go for 'Hotel Mignon' or 'Hotel Savoia'. Both of these are between 80-95 euro. Hotel Savoia seems to be very central. Also, I got a quote from 'Il Nido' in Sorrento for only 88 euro a night. It sounds beautiful but it is 15 mins out of town and probably no where near a beach. If anyone can recommend any of these hotels, I would greatly appreciate it. By for now.

Apr 10th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Myer

In Sorrento central and beach don't go together. There is no beach in central Sorrento. Some hotels have pools.

The Marina is down a cliff from the town and any beach is quite a way past the town.

We were there 3 years ago and for a rather simple hotel right on the main square we paid the equivalent to about 125Euros for a double.

I don't think you'll get a beautiful hotel and room for under 100.

Apr 10th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Vincenzo

About those hotels you named and your budget, maybe La Tonnarella is the best solution.
Have a nice trip.

Apr 10th, 2002, 06:42 AM
michele

Sinead,
La Tonnerella is an easy easy walk into town. You'll also get a spectacular view from your large patio and you will not get noise. You might want to look into the Hotel Desiree right next to La Tonnarella, much simpler, but has a very good reputation.

M.

Apr 11th, 2002, 01:06 AM
sinead

Hi Michele,
Thanks for your suggestion on Hotel Desiree but I cant find any information about them. Do have have a web/email address for them??
Thanks,
Sinead