Hey there travelling people
This is my first ever posting on any forum before!
(A bit of pre question info)
I have decided to quit my job around May/June 2017 and travel for 3 months before
starting school in September (Maybe). I am planning on travelling with my bf for 3 or 4 months.He is from Australia and I from Canada. I went to Australia with him for 3 weeks last February and loved it!!! We did a wilderness type trip in the Red Center, that was my favorite part. I like doing out of the ordinary and special! I also do not like to rush things, I enjoy culture/ history/ nature/ music/ hiking/ food and arts!!
I actually love my job, and would love to keep it and travel but unfortunately it's just not possible to keep my job and travel to the extent that I want to. (3 Weeks off a year) I will just go crazy if I don't act upon my urge!!!
PS: I've never been to Europe!
There are a few options here and we are not sure which to do...
Maybe use this time to go around Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England/UK
I'd like to do some hiking in Scotland and maybe take a train (Hogwarts Express) , Northern Ireland I would like to see the GOT filming locations and England see more Harry potter stuff as well as as Bath, Museums, History ... bf is a huge fan of Manchester United.. so we would definitely go to Manchester.
However much I love this trip/idea we also don't want to miss out on other places!
I think my bf would like to see MORE in that same time, whereas I would like to experience things slower (I think) It's also so odd looking at a map and not really understanding how close everything seems to be... because hellooo CANADA IS HUGE ! haha
Out TOP Countries Vary a bit
Ours: England, France, Italy
His: Belgium, Spain, Germany, Portugal
Mine: Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, Greece, Morocco (I know it's in Africa)
I was thinking we should save Portugal, Morocco and Spain to do together another time
Another Idea was to do a through Eurotrip sort of like this
( Scotland, Ireland, England, France, Italy, Greece)
* Maybe adding Istanbul or Croatia to this!
I guess I'm just confused because this is my first Euro trip and also the longest trip I've taken to date!
There is so much info out there and I just don't want to speed race through (Seems to be most itineraries) 1 day is this area... then overnight plan to this area, then two days and a train here...
The places we would like to go most I think are Spain/Morocco/Portugal and then the UK and they just seem like two completely different trips!
Have someone help me out ?
I pretty much want to go everywhere so I know I'll be happy wherever I go, it's just deciding!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
Hey there travelling people