Trudes B& B Salzburg

Search

Trudes B& B Salzburg

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trudes B& B Salzburg

Does anyone have info on Trudes B&B in Salzburg? We thought it looked interesting and we received a swift reply from them, however the bathroom is not in the room. Was it very inconvenient or did it work out okay? We love the idea of staying in a small place run by locals. We will be there in September of 2005. Thanks.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM

I have talked with people who have stayed there and they loved it. Rick Steves also recommends Trude's. I have coresponded with her also and she seems to be wonderful. I know that she will even pick you up at the train station for free. If I were you I would go for the experience of it all. I'm sure it will make for a great memory. Do you go to Vienna also?
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 09:33 AM

We visited Salzburg this past September, and stayed at Bloberger Hof a short distance outside the city. The family who runs it was wonderful, and very accomodating. You can ride the city bus into town, within a few minutes, and it is included in the Salzburg Card. We got a rate of 60EUR, which included a great buffet breakfast.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info Operaman. We are going to give Trude's a try. It sounds quaint and she does sound lovely through "email". Yes, we are going to Vienna as well. Any other suggestions??? We are going to be in the Danube valley for a few days, Salzkammergut for a few days, Salzberg for a few days and wind up in Munich for Oktoberfest for a few days.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM

A pleasure to help. How many days do you stay in Vienna? We have stayed in several great places there on our visits that I can recommend highly. If you plan to travel along the Danube, I can help you there as well.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 02:08 PM

We stayed at the Gasthof Kohlpeter, 23
Lieferinger Hauptstrasses. WWW.kohlpeter.at Very nice hotel and restaurant, five minute walk to the tram
and a 10 minute ride to the mozartplatz.
The rate was 87.50 Euro with a great breakfast for 2. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was. Salzburg is a great city.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the info. ANY info on the areas we will be traveling to would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 06:17 PM

Hi Luv;
Okay, check out our site at:
http://alexstarke.tripod.com/
You can e-mail me through the site or, if you would like, I can e-mail you. We love Austria and would be very glad to help you in your travels there.