Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   TRSW's Rome 2007 Photos (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/trsws-rome-2007-photos-747100/)

TRSW Nov 7th, 2007 01:40 AM

TRSW's Rome 2007 Photos

Hi Everybody,

If you are interested, I have put up the first Rome gallery from my trip

www.pbase.com/trsw/thefountainsofrome

As you can probably tell from the title, it is all about fountains. More galleries to come later. Enjoy.

Tom

2mths_to_travel Nov 7th, 2007 02:05 AM

WOW-- now this makes me excited for the Rome portion of my journey (22nd- 26th of this month). Do you have any input on what areas are best to stay/ eat in? And anything that REALLY shouldn't be missed?

AnselmAdorne Nov 7th, 2007 02:32 AM

Tom, a great gallery! I particularly liked the night shots.

Thanks for the link.

Anselm

kopp Nov 7th, 2007 03:44 AM

Wow, what a way to begin my morning, with Rome's fountains! Bravo! ((*)) ((*))

TRSW Nov 7th, 2007 08:56 AM

2mths,

Thanks. What to must see? Without knowing your interests, thats hard to stay. Where to stay? Lets just say, Rome is not as big as some people think. I walked everywhere. One place I highly recommend to eat is Tratoria Monti. It is near Santa Maria Maggorie. Great food and service.

Anselm and Kopp - Thank you so much. I thought there may have been too many photos. But I decided to break each gallery down by catagory. The next one up is The Ruins. I will post a link when it is up.

Then if that weren't enough, I will have to go through all the Paris photos (I am there now) I will let you know when those go up also.

Tom

kopp Nov 7th, 2007 12:27 PM

Tom, I like the way you organize. I do the same.

In years past, I was obsessive about getting all the photos in the exact order they were taken.

Then I realized that if I clumped them together by subject, they were much easier to view, just as you are doing.

On our trip to Yellowstone in September, I categorized everything by geysers, falls, animal species, etc. Love it that way!

I'll stay tuned for the ruins, etc. Good job!

SusanP Nov 7th, 2007 12:43 PM

Tom, I loved seeing all those fountains and enjoy the detail!

LoveItaly Nov 7th, 2007 04:13 PM

Hi there Tom! I can hardly wait until you post your Paris photos..you know the ones I mean I am sure, lol.

And as you know I so love all of your photos, they are a true work of art. Take good care.

Leely Nov 7th, 2007 08:46 PM

Tom, I was delighted to see your new gallery up. Really, it's Rome as I see it in my mind's eye (if not the photos I've taken). :)

Thanks and I'm looking forward to more.

p.s. If I ever win the lottery, I'm bribing you to photograph my dog.

TRSW Nov 8th, 2007 08:45 AM

Leely,

No bribes needed. I love taking pictures of dogs. I mean, you have seen Diablos gallery. He is probably the most photographed dog in the world.

Now I am off to dinner and enjoying my last night in Paris.

Tom

Wekiva Nov 8th, 2007 08:54 AM

Tom

What lens were you using? And did you use a tripod or handhold? I'm seriously considering the Nikon D80 and the 18-200VR lens.

Nice pics.

Raineydae Nov 8th, 2007 11:07 AM

great pics!

TRSW Nov 9th, 2007 01:53 PM

Wekiva,

I was using a 18-135mmVR for the D80. And i was using a 'gorillapod' instead of a tripod. Very handy little device.

Tom

TRSW Nov 10th, 2007 08:57 AM

Hi Everybody,

The second gallery from Rome is now up. Go to

www.pbase.com/trsw/theruinsofrome

Tom

Leely Nov 14th, 2007 07:17 PM

Awesome! You got tremendous shots, and the light wasn't even being your friend.

Looking forward to more--and a trip report?

TRSW Nov 14th, 2007 08:25 PM

Leely,

Thank you. And you are right about the light not being my friend. But hey, at least I was in Rome!!

As for a trip report, click on my name, I have already started it.

Tom