Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Trouble buying PREM ticket online (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/trouble-buying-prem-ticket-online-563271/)

grandmere Oct 8th, 2005 11:57 AM

Trouble buying PREM ticket online

I bought PREM tix at sncf.com in May, printed them, and had no problems. This time they insist on my providing an address to send them to, with France as the only country option. I want to print them online; what am I doing wrong?

cocofromdijon Oct 8th, 2005 12:04 PM

Hi gdmere, I just tried on the french version and they asked me to choose :
"Imprimez votre billet vous-même pour gagner du temps" or " Recevoir votre billet gratuitement par courrier"

good luck!
corinne

grandmere Oct 8th, 2005 12:52 PM

I got that part working, but now it doesn't ask for the other person traveling with me, and since they're PREMs, I know they are non-exchangeable. I hesitate to give my cc number, b/c it looks as though that's the last step. My fear is getting 2 tickets with me as passenger on both?

thanks for your help, coco!

cocofromdijon Oct 8th, 2005 12:58 PM

when I book on line for my mum (she loves to receive her tickets home!)they ask for just one name and one address. I'm not sure the controller checks names on the tickets.
What you can do is made a first booking for you and start again for your friend.(just suggesting!)
I know controller ask for identites when you have a special discount card but otherwise...

MorganB Oct 8th, 2005 01:34 PM

Grandmere, so you got the option to print at home? If you did, then you fill out the actual ticket with names AFTER you have paid. When you go to print it will ask for names and birthdays. However, you must have the print option BEFORE you pay. Hope that helps.

grandmere Oct 8th, 2005 01:49 PM

That helps immensely! Thanks, MorganB; will try again. Thanks for your help, too, coco!

As an aside, can you believe that some PREM fares are not available now that were just less than an hour ago? Guess it happens. :-(

MorganB Oct 8th, 2005 02:14 PM

Ugh yes it happens with the really low priced prems. There are very few of them unfortunately. Hope it works out! :)

grandmere Oct 8th, 2005 07:06 PM

It worked, and I got the 20e PREM to Strasbourg but had to pay 26 for the return to Paris; could have been a lot worse.
Again, thanks, everyone!

cocofromdijon Oct 8th, 2005 11:56 PM

great! I'm glad you've got them at last!
coco

MorganB Oct 9th, 2005 02:07 AM

Good news, and Strasbourg to boot! I love that city. Are you going for the xmas market? I've been twice and its just amazing.

grandmere Oct 9th, 2005 05:55 PM

Yes, I am going for the Christmas markets; I've been there before (my daughter spent her jr. year in college in S-bourg), but not at market time. Not a good time of year to be away from work (I work at a university) and a busy time at home, but something I've been wanting to do. I'll just be gone for a week, early in Dec. We plan to spend a day in Colmar, also.

MorganB Oct 10th, 2005 06:37 AM

The market is really a blast. Dress warm as it has been C O L D both times I have gone. I try to do the market in the early AM and late PM during the week to avoid the crowds. Colmar has a very nice market too. Some of the wine road villages do a market but only on the weekend.

grandmere Oct 10th, 2005 07:59 AM

The last (and only) time I was in France in Dec., it was later in the month, and my winter coat was a bit warm for Paris. But was in Strasbourg right after the new year and needed it there. I thought that perhaps in early Dec. Strasbourg might not be that frigid; guess I'll just check weather forecast day before I leave and make decision then about which coat, etc.

cocofromdijon Oct 10th, 2005 08:21 AM

IMO December will defintively be cold in all Northern France so take your winter coat! and gloves, scarf and bonnet <):)