Notices

Tronchetto

Mar 10th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Tronchetto

My itinerary with tour states that we will be taken to the Tronchetto and we'll have lunch on our own. What little research I have done, it looks as if we have to leave that area for lunch. Not looking for anything fancy, just a little something. So question is do we leave the area for food or can we pick up something there.

thanks for any info.
ACDB5
Mar 10th, 2015, 03:33 PM

Tronchetto in Venice? The tour company doesn't bring you IN to Venice? Tronchetto is a giant parking lot and bus station. There is nothing there and you would not want to stay there, you would want to go in and see Venice, right?

You can take the people mover (like a monorail thing) to Piazzale Roma from there, then explore Venice.
Mar 11th, 2015, 02:51 AM

Do they meet you after lunch and take you into Venice? If they're just going to leave you until you meet up at the end of the day, I don't think that's much of a tour. I'd guess that that they're just asking you to get lunch then proceed with the tour.

I'd buy a picnic lunch before you leave your hotel, although Tronchetto isn't much of a place to eat it. If they are taking you in to Venice, then they must be going via Piazzale Roma, so maybe go there yourself and meet them in the square.
Mar 14th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

I thank both replies! It does appear it is a 'starting point'. All I have at this time is preliminary itinerary which is always sketchy. We arrive by plane, get on the bus and tour does begin in Venice. It just stated "The coach will take us to the Tronchetto at the edge of Venice, and we'll have lunch on our own there." So after your answers the 'there' is probably Venice itself and not the Tronchetto area. Thank you so much. Detailed itinerary will be coming in April.

ACDB

Search this Thread