at the end of January my wife will be taking her mum to Norway for her 70th birthday. On the eve of her birthday they will arrive in Tromso at lunchtime and the next day they board a Huntigren ship at 6pm (to Kirkeness).
For the day of her mum's birthday my wife would like to plan something special. They have from whatever time they wake up until 6pm.
Her mum is a pretty active 70 year old but still she wonders whether the dog sledging might be a little too tiring and whether raindeer sledging might be better.
Also she is wondering if any of the so-called Sami "experiences" involve anyhting more than having a meal in a Sami tent...
Any recommendations gracefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 3 Help with Venice Trip?
- 4 10 Days in Austria
- 5 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 Greece in end October
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Favorite London memories
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe