My husband and I are planning a week long trip to Portugal in mid August. Right now we're planning on several days in Lisbon with a day trip to Sintra, an overnight to Evora and another overnight to Cascais / Estoril.
In Lisbon, we're planning to go to the Baixa area, Alfama are and then to see the Belen Tower and monastery. Are there any other must sees?
I'd love any advice on great restaurants in all three areas - from simple to really nice - we love great food and wine and that really makes a difference to us!
Also, any recommendations for stops along the way to Evora? We will have a car once e leave the city.
Also, is Evora worth the overnight or would you suggest somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Browsing Barcelona
- 8 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona