I am planning to visit Athens for a couple of days in May and wanted to visit Mycenae/Nafplio as well. Here is the plan -
- Arrive in Athens arnd 8:30 pm
- Tour for the next 2 whole days
What would be the best way to get to Mycenae/Nafplio?… I was thinking of some option like -
- From Athens Airport go to Nafplio and stay overnight
- See Nafplio for some time the next day and then go to Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Go to Athens after that (reach around 9-10 pm)
- See around Athens the whole next day
I needed some advice on the public transport options available (if any) for the above itinerary. Also, how long dos it take to travel between this places (like Nafplio -> Mycenae -> Epidaurus or some other combination).
Also, is it better if we drive? How is driving from Athens Airport to Nafplio - are the roads on hilly areas/winding? is it generally safe to drive in night after 9 pm?
It would be great if someone could give advice on the same. Thanks a lot in advance for the same.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 3 9 day trip to France
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 2 week May trip with kids
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 10 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 11 Arezzo - how much time?
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 Airport Transfer
- 16 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Moscow Hotels
- 19 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 22 New Years in France
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 25 Order of Amalfi visit in October