Trip Report - Venice, Florence, and Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our first visit to Italy was incredible. Venice ...was...amazing! I LOVED the pastel colors of the buildings, the iron work throughout the windows ,the architecture, and found the door knockers incredible artworks of their own. The area we stay in was away from the throngs of tourists so it was not overwhelming with people. We were there for only three days but had no plans so we took our time and just began walking! It was wonderful. I ate the best calzone I have ever experienced!

We walked long distances over the period of a day but it was worth seeing the beauty of Venice.One day it rained the entire day! We weren't about to let that stop us from walking on an adventure. We walked in that rain for 8 hours! I have to be honest, I think that was my favorite day of our trip. It was such fun day!

Our apartment however was not what we expected. It had plenty of room but it had a heavy musty smell which we quickly realized came from the bathroom. The bathroom ceiling had mold growing on it. It was not a good situation.i We were also left with one roll of toilet paper so we asked for more and were told we'd need to buy our own. Seiously??? I felt that was a little out of line. It seemed like once the landlord got the money, she wasn't interested in us anymore..

So we score the apartment : 2

Trip to Vencie Italy - INCREDIBLE
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:09 AM

What was the name of the apartment you stayed in?
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:21 AM

grandmaNae - Please come back and tell us about Florence and Rome! I hope you enjoyed them. We just returned from Italy and Venice was my favorite. Sorry about your apartment. We stayed at Aquavencie B&B and it was lovely.
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

the Venice apartment was called Giardino Main, listed with Apartment Apart.
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Our stay in Florence was very brief. We took a day trip to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa which I thought was great. We had booked a tour to walk up the stairs and really enjoyed it. I didn't realize how narrow the staircase was and almost had second thoughts on the last thirty steps as they were ever MORE narrow. But I was not going to let 30 steps stand in the way of reaching the top!
We had also been looking forward to seeing the Statue of David; a once in a lifetime experience but alas... the museum was closed on Mondays and we were there on a Monday! We left the next day before the museum opened so we didn't get to see the stone man