Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Trip Report : Tuscany (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/trip-report-tuscany-898200/)

Suja Jul 10th, 2011 03:47 AM

Trip Report : Tuscany

Hi Everybody,
Here is a trip report from our recent holiday in Tuscany. We stayed at Lucca and travelled in and around that area, including Garfagnana region, Cinque terre, Chianti region, Siena and Florence. Have a read :

http://sujaa.wordpress.com/2011/07/1...he-tuscan-sun/

Cheers. Suja

aussie_10 Jul 10th, 2011 04:21 AM

Thank you for sharing your trip report.

Loved the photos, I will be in that "neck of the woods" in 2 months and looking forward to it

latedaytraveler Jul 10th, 2011 04:59 AM

Suja, thank you for the lovely pics and interesting commentary on each site - very informative.

annhig Jul 10th, 2011 05:01 AM

lol, Suja, I have a son who busks occasionally too.

Never abroad yet, but you never know!

loved your photos, BTW.

Suja Jul 10th, 2011 06:10 AM

@Aussie_10 : Thank you :) There is lots to see in Tuscany, I am sure you'll have a good time there.

@latedaytraveler : Thank you, I am glad you liked it :)

@annhig : lol :) Thanks for you comment about the photos.

bobthenavigator Jul 10th, 2011 07:24 AM

Nice pics---some classic shots.

anothertravelinsong Jul 10th, 2011 07:38 AM

Fantastic photos! I especially like the hilltop shot of Barga's church!

Louise2Italy Jul 10th, 2011 07:43 AM

Really, really enjoyed your blog and photos. The Tuscan week from last year was also excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Suja Jul 10th, 2011 08:07 AM

@bobthenavigator, anothertravelinsong & Louise2Italy : Thank you all for reading and the kind comments :)

TDudette Jul 10th, 2011 09:20 AM

Very enjoyable. Really excellent photos-glad you didn't lose your camera!!

Luv2travel15 Jul 10th, 2011 09:43 AM

Suja, what a lovely trip report & the pics are fabulous. Makes me want to pack my bags and go there.

kwren Jul 10th, 2011 09:59 AM

I'm reliving parts of my Chianti drive and Tuscany trip thanks to you...and it was only last week! Now I'm in Rome and it's a whole different feeling!

kwren Jul 10th, 2011 10:00 AM

I meant to add that I love your pictures. I hope mine turn out as well! Nice job!

winnick Jul 10th, 2011 10:20 AM

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of our trip to Tuscany in 2008. We also stayed in Lucca and loved it. Pictures are great!

Suja Jul 10th, 2011 11:43 AM

@TDudette : Thank you :) I was so relieved to find my camera!!

@Luvtotravel : What a nice compliment! Thank you :)

@Kwren : I know exactly what you mean - even as we entered back home, I was telling him about how I would like to spend 2 or 3 months in Tuscany once he eventually retires! And thank you, I am glad you liked the pics :)

@winnick : Lucca is indeed a great base for exploring the northern part of Tuscany. We stayed in the South last year and loved it too. Tuscany is very friendly to photographers :) Thank you :)

CaliNurse Jul 10th, 2011 12:55 PM

Thank you, Suja!Returned form a week in tuscany, a month ago. It wasnt enough!!Your report and photos whet my appetitie for more more more!!
I loved Montefioralle! We found it by accident, coming off an unpaved road. Had a lovely lunch on a covered patio there--i think it ws the only restaurant right IN the village.

MaineGG Jul 10th, 2011 01:12 PM

Wonderful report and photos. I love your picture of the Devil's bridge and the others from that day. The Garfagnana looks like a spectacular area to explore.

Suja Jul 10th, 2011 11:23 PM

@CaliNurse : Thank you for your nice comments :) I am the same, even on the drive back I was mentally planning when to come back!! And oh, isn't Montefiorelle perfect? We've seen a number of small hamlets like these in both Italy and France and I always fall for their charms..

@MaineGG : Thank you :) The Garfagnana area is really beautiful but I think we just scratched the surface there..I'll have to go back one day. Sigh, so much to see, so little time to do it....

Cpelk Jul 11th, 2011 05:17 AM

Lovely photos. Thank you for sharing

Suja Jul 11th, 2011 08:36 AM

@Cpelk : Thank you :)