Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Trip Report/Travel Blog: Paris--Rouen--Honfleur--Bayuex--Normandy--Dordogne--Loire

Trip Report/Travel Blog: Paris--Rouen--Honfleur--Bayuex--Normandy--Dordogne--Loire

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi fellow travelers- I know that my wife and I plan and book our summer European travel in January of every year. So I am posting a link to my travel blog that has several posts describing our July 2017 trip to France that included stops in Paris, Rouen, Honfleur, Bayeux, the D Day beaches, Normandy, the Dordogne and finally a stay in the Loire Valley. It includes the hotels and B&B's we stayed at, where we ate, what we saw, etc. I do this is a way to keep a record for myself and my family, as well as to inspire and help out fellow travelers. Hope it is of use to a few. Thanks!

http://jonestravelblog.com
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 04:00 PM

Really lovely blog. Thanks for sharing. Good timing, too, as I’m currently obsessed with the Dordogne/Lot. We have trips planned already for 2018 (Uzes and Paris) and 2019 (revisiting Umbria). So southwest France will have to wait until 2020. It seems that you know a fair amount about the history of the area. Any reading you recommend?
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 06:19 PM

Really loved the report on the Dordogne! Will devour the rest tonight. Thanks for the link!
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 08:05 AM

Really nice blog and lovely to look at as well. We live in France part time so know most of these areas pretty well, but I will be doing almost exactly the same trip with my sister and some friends in June who have never been to France, so your blog will be very exciting for them to read-thanks so much for posting it!
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you to indyhiker, russinLA and jpie for your comments! I'm glad my blog was of some use to you. I am an architect in NYC, as is my wife, so obviously we love to see all of these lovely old Chateaus, castles, abbeys and towns. And I was a history major in undergrad....so I love finding out the back story on all of the places we see. All of these beautiful places have such amazing stories behind them. When we visit a place, if they sell an official guide book (which most places in France do) I pick it up, read it that evening along with other on-line research and then share it in my blog post!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to comment. Happy traveling!