Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Trip report to Brugge, Alsace, and Black Forest -- with my photos -- now available

Trip report to Brugge, Alsace, and Black Forest -- with my photos -- now available

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Diane

Please visit my website for my latest trip to Brugge, Alsace, and Black Forest. Not too many photos from Germany as the weather was dreary, however. Lovely trip. Trying to decide where to go next year.

www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com/trip2001pg1

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 04:48 PM
s.fowler

Hi Diane!
The url didn't work for me. Could you doublecheck it for us?

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 07:37 PM
chris

Didn't work for me either....

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Diane

Sorry, folks. Just minutes after I sent the post the website provider put up a page saying they were having technical difficulties. Great timing. The address I have above is correct. I'll top this tomorrow and see if they have things worked out.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 09:36 PM
Diane

Well, technical difficulties AND a wrong webpage address. Here's the correct address:
www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com/trip2001pg1.html

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Myriam

Hi Diane,
I just read the Belgian part of your report and admired your photos. Always interesting to know how "foreigners" see our small country. It is indeed so that in most restaurants the menus for lunch and dinner are the same. But we - I think I can speak for the majority of the Belgians - do not eat a 3 or 4 course meal at midday. We usually take a snack or a salad at a tearoom. By the way, it is very usual to order only 1 course in a restaurant ... with a glass of whine!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Diane

I agree with you that a snack at lunch is the way to go. I just could not get my friends to go along with it. We did have a snack for lunch one or two days, and one evening we brought in a pizza for dinner. It helped "balance" things.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Thyra

Diane, loved the report! And the pictures were absolutely stunning, such colors! We are gearing up for Brugge in 2002 and your report really came at a great time. Are you goint to make postcards????? Welcome back! Where to next?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Diane

Thyra: Thanks. I tried making notecards with my photos from Greece and selling them at a Greek festival. Sold some, but not enough to be profitable. Guess this will be a hobby for a while until I figure out some way to make a product I can sell. Meanwhile, I enjoy sharing information and my photos with other travelers. I've gained so much from others on this board, this is also my way of giving back to others planning their trips. I hope looking at my photos encourages other to visit all the wonderful places I've been

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Diane

To the top for Denise.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 11:58 AM
dan woodlief

Nice photos and interesting trip report. I don't think you missed anything about Freiburg. I am one of those who raves about Freiburg, but it is a different place than many other destinations. There really is only the one major sight and a few minor ones. I think Freiburg is a place that grows on you if you are there for more than a day or two instead of amazing you on a short visit like many places do. I was there for about four days and had plenty of time to walk the city several times, absorb the college atmosphere, visit a few pubs and beer gardens, and see a nice lake and winery. Freiburg is more about environment than about sights, although the cathedral is still one of my favorite churches.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Deborah

Diane,

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures!