Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Trip report September in Lisbon, October in San Sebastian
Notices

Trip report September in Lisbon, October in San Sebastian

Jan 11th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Trip report September in Lisbon, October in San Sebastian

While vacationing in Europe for September and October, my wife started her own blog about our trip. I wasn't sure if we could post it this way but we are going to try. Hopefully we aren't breaking the rules.

When you go to the sight it actually starts from the end but on the left side you will see each day dated and titled. Hope this isn't too difficult.

http://daysofourtravels.blogspot.com...-portugal.html
Jan 11th, 2014, 02:18 PM

Your blog looks interesting. Hope to read it this week.
Jan 12th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Hi travelbound44, thanks so much for the great report. Looks like you guys had a great time and the pictures are lovely. All the details are great as we are planning to visit both cities this year during May and June.

Would it be possible to share the apartment details, especially for Lisbon as we're thinking to spend a week? Did you enjoy your location, how much did it cost, what rental agency did you use? That sort of thing. Thanks again for taking the time to share.
Jan 12th, 2014, 06:15 AM

I've only glanced at your site so far, but nice report!

One comment, if I may, that you might find interesting. A building in your Day 7 entry with fabulous architecture that you have labelled as "new apartment building" was in fact built in the 1930s as the Hotel Victória and now serves as offices for the Communist Party
Jan 12th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

The apartment we stayed in was "Lisbon Sun". Can't beat the location. Dave, the owner was very responsive to all our needs. He lives in the States but Ilda, his manager is incredible. You can't go wrong renting this apt. I think it was $1200 for the month and worth every penny.

http://www.flipkey.com/lisbon-condo-...nquiry_confirm
Jan 12th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

BomDiaLisbon: WOW! Had no idea. I just looked at the picture again and it's hard to believe that it is that old. Why would there be a communist party office in Lisbon? Don't answer that, I don't want to know. Thanks for the info.
Jan 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the apartment information. It looks really nice and you definitely got a good price. I'll post here if we end up staying there. And thanks again for such a great blog it is chock full of information so I'm taking it slowly!

Search this Thread