I recently posted a Bruges trip report on my blog and thought I would share it with the Forum.
We did an easy overnight from Paris via train. The canals, history, shopping and beer make Bruges a wonderful destination that we heartily recommend. We stayed near Markt Square which made everything walkable. Unfortunately I can't recommend our hotel. It was a bit too basic for us (and we're not high-end travelers!) but at least the location was good.
The boat ride on the canal was well worth the time and a wonderful way to get a sense of the city. It will work up a healthy appetite for a beer - and I can recommend a stop at Bierbrasserie Cambrinus where the house beer is the best on earth! To my great surprise, every meal was excellent and affordable.
There is more detail in the two blog posts - the upshot: I loved Bruges and it was well worth the time and effort to stop there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 Scotland ideas
- 3 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 6 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 tinnitus
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 London vacation rental agency
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 land vs river cruise
- 24 The World's Greatest Churches
- 25 Italy Croatia Bosnia