Trip Report-No. Italy & Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from 2 weeks in the Lake region of Northern Italy and Paris. Also saw Normandy Beaches, which was awesome. Please write to me with any questions you may have and I will give it my best shot.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 07:44 AM

So tell us about the lakes and how you got around between them. Which was your favorite lake?

Just curious. Where did you stay in Normandy? We saw the beaches in mid-May (trip report: Paris When it Sizzles....) yes they were awesome.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

We stayed on Maggiore with a small group and took boats to Stresa but took a bus to Lake Como ans city of Bellagio since they are an hour or more away. Lake como was by far my favorite since it is gorgeous and dramatic....if I returned I would stay on that lake. It is exquisite and romantic. We went to Normandy just for the day to see the beaches and cemetery. It happened to be on D Day and was a great time to see such a very sad place.
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
ec

I am interested in your thoughts regarding this trip sponsered by a university, because I am thinking of taking the same one this June. Did you travel to Milan on your own or did you have the agency book your flights? I am thinking of doing my own air, but then I will have to get to Bavena on my own. Do you know if there is any direct transportation from MXP to Bavena?

Thank you
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM

ec, since the original poster was here over 7 months ago, you might want to start a new thread on Lake Como, or wherever you are planning, with questions.

Or put Lake Como or Italy into the search function and spend all night reading your findings.