Search

Capri Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capri Hotel

We are looking for a hotel in Capri during the second week of Sept 2006. Any suggestions for a really nice 4 or 5 star hotel with a great sea side view. I've read some real horror stories regarding fleas and bedbugs at some high end hotels, which could be a real vacation buster. Any advice?

Bill
Camarillo, CA
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Highly recommend Caesar Augustus. I think it's a 4 star. We really enjoyed our stay. The service and staff superb. Also the view and location wonderful. I think one of the best views on the Island! Just so you know it's located on Ana Capri some will discourage staying on Ana but we sure were pleased we did. So easy to get to the square and much more romantic!
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Bill -

We stayed at La Minerva last September for a couple of nights. Very beautiful, great view (on the south side of the island, so not a view of Sorrento peninsula or Naples, but still beautiful). The hotel and rooms were very clean - spotless. We had a room with a bathroom with a jacuzzi with a picture window - great fun there. The hotel is probably a 3 star plus, but still quite nice - it gets very good ratings on Trip Advisor and other ratings.

Hope this helps. I'd be glad to provide any other info you need about it if you're interested.

KC
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:22 AM

I also thought to add if you will be going to Positano Pallazo Murat was also a highlight. Oh and no bugs either place.
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks some much for the hot tips. I will take out the hotels.
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM

The best hotel on Capri is Quisisana. Period. No bedbugs. I doubt regular guests like Naomi Campbell, Sandro Cia, and Diane von Furstenburg would put up with fleas.

Luna is also a good hotel, but snooty.
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:18 PM

I agree with Scottstig in recommending Casear Agustus. The rooms are roomy with bathrooms that are a good size.

The view is to die for and the restuarant is excellent.

Enjoy your trip.

Gail
Old Dec 26th, 2005, 10:17 AM

We stayed at Hotel Luna, just a few minutes walk from the main piazzetta and really loved it. Had two very sumptous rooms with terraces overlooking the water and in the distance, the famous rocks of Capri. Service and breakfast were excellent. The hotel is set inside a lovely garden with spectacular views in the back over the water.

Two negatives: There's a gorgeous Olympic size pool, but unbelievably the hotel charges even its own guests (!!) for the use of chaise lounges.

Also if you decide to book, be very specific about wanting seaview rooms. There are some rooms at Luna that face an interior courtyard. Not what you want for an expensive stay in Capri!

Another hotel I'd check out although we haven't stayed there, is CASA MORGANO, which is run by the same owners as QUISSISANA. It is on a small lane just off the main street in town, and is a beautiful hotel again overlooking the water.

Have a great time!
Old Dec 26th, 2005, 10:27 AM

Just wanted to add that we didn't find anyone snooty at Hotel Luna, in fact quite the opposite. Had a very pleasant stay and would go again if I didn't have a kid going off to college!